Random Posts

3/random/post-list

Saturday, May 21, 2022

New blog replacing Facebook and Instagram


   Thank you for checking out this new blog on the history of Longview, Texas.  

   My Facebook account was hacked and without warning or reason Facebook deactivated my account and I had to submit a request for review.  It's been over a week and every time I log in I get a count down saying I have xx days left to request a review before my Facebook is permanently deleted.  My personal Instagram has already been deleted because it was tied to my Facebook account.  

   Regardless if my Facebook is restored or not, I am parting ways with Facebook products, or Meta as the parent company is called.  I'm not going to get into the politics of it on this page but I wanted to give an explanation as to what happened to my Facebook/Instagram groups and pages on Longview History.  

   With regards to my photographs, I have subscribed to unlimited storage with Flickr.com and I will link my photos to this blog.  I will also create Labels on each of my blogs so you can look up different topics or locations.  You can click here to learn how to locate the Label section of this blog.  See below some galleries I already have created.


   Today I met my history buff friend Paul Jones at the Longview Public Library and we thumbed through old publications about Longview.  I will be sharing my research in future posts.

Paul Jones doing research at Longview Public Library



Genealogy room at Longview Public Library


Share:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Definition List

Unordered List

Support